Dr. Judith Orloff
Thriving as an Empath – 365 Days of Self-Care for Sensitive People
by Nina from MindGourmet
Have you been told you need to grow thicker skin?
Have others ever told you that you’re over-sensitive, that you need to toughen up, or that you need to grow thicker skin? You might very well be an empath.
Empaths are extremely sensitive people. They feel the emotions of others or the energy in a room. For example, they often experience sensory overload and can quickly get emotionally drained in over-stimulating environments like shopping malls or big crowds of people.
If they don’t know how to best care for themselves, empaths often develop symptoms of anxiety or depression.
Think you might be an empath? You can find out if you’re an empath by answering the 20 questions in Dr. Orloff’s self-assessment test.
365 Days of Self-Care for sensitive people
When empaths understand their sensitivity and know how to tend to their needs, they can fully enjoy and utilize their gifts and live a deeply fulfilling life.
Every day, in Thriving as an Empath, Dr. Orloff gives the reader tips, tricks, and tools on how to best live life as an empath.
In our conversation, Dr. Orloff and I speak about the gifts empaths have and the challenges they experience. Dr. Orloff also shares details from the book and mentions different ways to utilize it.
Self-Care 2020 Retreat for Empaths and Sensitive People
On the weekend of April 25th and 26th, Dr. Orloff will be offering a self-care retreat in Los Angeles for all types of empaths, highly sensitive people, and everyone with an open, caring heart who is prone to overwhelm and burnout. Click here for more information.
Dr. Orloff and I talked about so much more! Enjoy!
- The characteristics of an empath and how Dr. Orloff found out that she’s an empath (1:55)
- Reclaiming our time is an important self-care tool for sensitive people (11:05)
- Examples for self-care techniques from Thriving as an Empath (14:15)
- Being able to set boundaries is essential (17:55)
- Living with unresolved problems (21:50)
- Knowing and accepting your limitations as an empath and how to deal with sensory overload (23:15)
- Different ways to read and utilize Thriving as an Empath (26:35)
- Orloff’s event on April 25th and 26th in Los Angeles: Self-Care 2020 Retreat for Empaths and Sensitive People (29:45)
- More ways to learn from and engage with Dr. Orloff (32:05)
Published Febuary 03rd, 2020